School ICT News Bulletin No. 295 - 03/11/2021
Published by ICT Solutions
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Phishing and Scam emails - A reminder to remain vigilant
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Google for Education training sessions - November 10th onwards
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Microsoft Re-imagine - Free Microsoft Event - November 9th at 17:00 hours
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: NCSC cyber security training package available
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Phishing and Scam emails - A reminder to remain vigilant
With the resumption of a new term, we have been alerted to a number of phishing/scam emails being sent to Academies/Schools throughout the country, not just Norfolk.
As a reminder, please visit the webpage here for guidance on how to spot a suspicious email that you may receive.
For more information please contact the Service Desk on 01603 475603 or email@example.com
2. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Google for Education training sessions - November 10th onwards
Whether you are back in the classroom or teaching remotely, Google’s latest Product Training Series will showcase how to make the most of Google Workspace across four key pillars:
Safe + Secure
Engaging + Inclusive
Through a series of demo-based training sessions, Google trainers will share educational use-cases as well as tips & tricks to help make their technology work for you!
Each session will cover features available across four Workspace editions: Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade and Education Plus.
These sessions are free and suitable for educators, curriculum & IT leaders, and IT Administrators. If you're unable to watch live, register to watch on demand.
Recordings will be available the day following the session.
A link to see the events can be found here
3. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Microsoft Re-imagine - Free Microsoft Event - November 9th at 17:00 hours
There is a free Microsoft virtual event on November 9th at 09.00 PST (17:00 - UK Time)
During this free 45-minute virtual event, changemakers and industry leaders will come together to address gaps widened by the pandemic, tackle challenges with innovative technology, and share best practices to support inclusive learning.
More details and a link to the event can be found here
4. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: NCSC cyber security training package available
If you are planning on holding any training days in the near future or wish to promote to your staff, this is a reminder that the NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre) have made a free cyber security training package available and it can be accessed here
With cyber security threats faced by Educational establishments on the increase, this will help raise staff awareness and help deal with such threats.
For more information please contatct the Service Desk on 01603 475603 or firstname.lastname@example.org