SCHOOL ICT NEWS BULLETIN No 108 - 18/04/2007
Published by Children’s Services
Phoenix Gold - DfES School and Pupil Census - May 2007
The next DfES Termly School Census will take on place on 17th May 2007. This will
take the same format as the recently completed January return but with fewer processes
A document detailing the changes can be found via the link below.
A help sheet on the recording of Exclusions can be found via the link below.
Helpsheets on all other processes required for the SAPC can be found via the link below.
Author: Mark Carway
ICT Solutions Training
With the start of the new financial year, ICT Solutions is again offering some inclusive training to schools with contracts. Schools with Bronze contract can claim one day’s training in the Framework for ICT Technical Support – the guidance for best practice in managing your ICT service. Schools with Silver or Silver plus contract can claim one day’s training (or 2 half-days training) in one of our other classroom courses.
Summer Term is particularly busy for School Secretaries and we offer two courses that are especially helpful: Phoenix Gold Assessment Manager Data Entry (to help with SATs and QCA tests) and Phoenix Gold Annual Update (to help with rolling forward from one academic year to the next).
See the website: http://www.eficts.norfolk.gov.uk/training/coursebookingportal.asp for full details and to book online.
Other courses on offer during the Summer Term:
- Phoenix Gold New Secretary Training
- School Personnel Training in Spreadsheet Skills (Basic)
- School Personnel Training in Intermediate ICT Skills – managing your server
- School Personnel Training in Advanced ICT Skills
- School Personnel Training in Word Processing Skills (Basic)
- School Personnel Training in Word Processing Skills (Intermediate) – concentrating on presentation skills
- School Personnel Training in Word Processing Skills (Advanced) – concentrating on tables and mail merging
Again, see the website: http://www.eficts.norfolk.gov.uk/training/coursebookingportal.asp for full details and to book online.
For any queries about course content and suitability, or for other training requests, contact the Service desk and ask to speak to a member of the Training Team.
Author: Mark Carway